Thursday, August 27, 2009

Obama Made Some Serious Sense In Cairo

Post Dated: June 7th, 2009

So, I’m a little late on this... but it’s only because it aired at 3 AM over here and I had some Environment work to do the next morning. But I finally watched it (all 54 minutes). And my god! I couldn’t believe it. For once in the past seven years, a president got on the air and made sense about everything that’s happening in the Middle East. Why did it take so long? All you had to say is stop killing each other... be nice*. But he finally did it. And I don’t know about you, but I’m proud of my country. I’m proud of my president. And I’m more hopeful for the future than I think I have been... ever. Yeah, I’m only twenty, so that’s not saying a whole lot. But hell, it accounts for everything I’ve ever seen and known, so that’s gotta account for something.
If you have not yet seen the speech, or you have to see it again as soon as possible check it out here.
Peace.
*Not really all he had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment