This is the second mix from my trip to Florida. It has a similar emotional quality to that of Blahhh, but carries a different weight... that question “Do Comrades Make Good Enemies?” feels almost serious in the mix its self, though the title comes from an incredibly random source.
I’m a big fan of John August’s Blog, and when he was discussing New Years resolutions he went off on a tangent about finding a nemesis. He stated that it was a very difficult process because one would have to find a person equally admirable and despicable and that is a very personal and individual kind of choice:
1. Marching The Hate Machine Into The Sun - Thievery Corporation
2. Every Time I’m With You - Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse
3. None Shall Pass - Aesop Rock
4. Neighborhood #2 (Laika) - The Arcade Fire
5. Equus - Blonde Redhead
6. Hello To The Floor - The Duke Spirit
7. Passing The Hat - Cold War Kids
8. Haunted Piano #1 - Eels
9. Lay It Down - Peter Bjorn and John
10. Squirm - Dave Matthews Band
11. Grey Machine - Pinback
12. The Passenger - Kings Of Convenience
13. Day Old Blues - Kings Of Leon
14. Sail To The Moon (Brush The Cobwebs Of The Sky) - Radiohead
15. Pale Horses - Moby
16. The Sea Is Calm - CocoRosie
17. Road Trippin’ - Red Hot Chili Peppers
18. The Good, The Bad & The Queen - The Good, The Bad & The Queen
19. Warrior - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
This’ll be the last entry dealing with Florida for quite some time I think, so I wanna just ramble a little. Sometimes my head thundered. I felt like something just wanted to get out, to escape the tedium of that place... because when there are so few distractions combined with an epic source of laziness the world is not right, not a friend... just a thing to sit on. But hopefully we are all lucky enough to find people who can pull us away from these negatives and convince us that everything is not lost.
I love that everyone has a future with a big ole question mark sticking out of it, cause that makes life interesting. I love people being themselves and not listening to negative influences, cause in the end there’s only so little we can accomplish in the time we have. So why not make it the things we want to accomplish? I’m like fake movie preaching right now. But that’s alright. It’s kind of fun to do.
I hope that if you listen to this mix you come out at the end thinking about how hard it is to stay afloat with the people you care about and maybe if you can power on and try a little harder... maybe you can save relationships and change that big ole question mark into an exclamation.
Haha that was fun. Hope you’re all doing quite well in the world.