Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Awesome Mix

A few years ago I made a two part mix for a long car ride. On it was a very short list of things I was listening to. Mixes can capture a certain period in a person’s life... an emotional trend that they were going through.
Below is a slightly updated version of that first mix (I lost the originals long ago but did my best to recapture the spirit of it):
1. Lookin’ Out My Backdoor - Creedence Clearwater Revival
2. Magnolia Soul - Ozomatli
3. San Diego Super Chargers - NFL Themes
4. The Rain - K-OS
5. Gold Lion - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
6. Cantina Band - John Williams
7. Kiss The Sky - Shawn Lee’s Ping Pong Orchestra
8. Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers
9. Beth - Kiss
10. Novocaine For The Soul - Eels
11. Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
12. Baby’s Got Sauce - G. Love & Special Sauce
13. Gimme Some More - Busta Rhymes
14. Life On Mars - David Bowie
15. Hotel California - Gipsy Kings
16. Window - Fiona Apple
17. It’s What You Need - Cloud Cult
18. Pink - Aerosmith
19. Sleepin’ Is All I Wanna Do (Stars On A Sunny Day) - The Duhks
20. Hang me Up To Dry - Cold War Kids
21. The Golden Age (CD101 Version) - The Flaming Lips
22. Better Do Better - Hard-Fi
23. I’m Afraid Of Dying... Aren’t You?? - The Flaming Lips
24. Move On Now - Hard-Fi
25. Run Away - Jamiroquai
26. Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
27. Shadowplay - The Killers
28. Smile - Lilly Allen
29. Toxic - Local H
30. Paper Planes - M.I.A.
31. Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
32. Extreme Ways - Moby
33. Tina - Louis XIV
34. That Time - Regina Spektor
35. Kiss From A Rose - Seal
36. Latin Simone (Que Pasa Contigo) - Gorillaz
37. Take Me Home - Phil Collins
38. Bad Things - Jace Everett
It’s a long list of obvious and not-so-obvious songs that made a long car ride not so bad... then I had to make another one... and another. So I’m gonna list Mixes as they come from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment