Thursday, December 11, 2014

Golden Globes: Another Day, Another Group Of Awards Nominations

Yesterday we got a glimpse into what SAG was thinking. Today we get the Hollywood Foreign Press Association...

Best Motion Picture, Drama

Boyhood
Foxcatcher
The Imitation Game
Selma
The Theory of Everything

My Pick: My choices for the year didn't make the category, so I gotta go with Boyhood.


Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama

Julianne Moore - Still Alice
Rosamund Pike - Gone Girl
Reese Witherspoon - Wild
Felicity Jones - The Theory of Everything
Jennifer Aniston - Cake (Not yet released)

My Pick: It was Reese Witherspoon... and while I do really dig Rosamund Pike's performance, I'm totally on board with the Julianne Moore win.


Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama

Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything
Steve Carell - Foxcatcher
Benedict Cumberbatch - The Imitation Game
David Oyelowo - Selma
Jake Gyllenhaal - Nightcrawler

My Pick: Jake Gyllenhaal!! Steve Carell feels like a supporting actor to me...


Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy

Into the Woods
Birdman
The Grand Budapest Hotel
St. Vincent
Pride

My Pick: Gotta go with Birdman for now. Grand Budapest is up there too... but St. vincent shouldn't even be in the category.


Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy

Julianne Moore - Maps to the Stars (Not yet released)
Amy Adams - Big Eyes
Emily Blunt - Into the Woods
Helen Mirren - The Hundred Foot Journey
Quvenzhané Wallis - Annie

My Pick: This is a really difficult category this year, but right now I'm gonna go with Amy Adams.


Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy

Michael Keaton - Birdman
Bill Murray - St. Vincent
Ralph Fiennes - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Christoph Waltz - Big Eyes
Joaquin Phoenix - Inherent Vice

My Pick: Ooh, I want Ralph Fiennes to win!


Best Animated Feature Film

The Lego Movie
How to Train Your Dragon 2
Big Hero 6
The Book of Life
The Boxtrolls

My Pick: The Lego Movie all the way!!


Best Foreign Language Film

Ida
Force Majeure
Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem Gett
Tangerines Mandariinid (Not yet released)
Leviathan

My Pick: Force Majeure... for now.


Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture

Jessica Chastain - A Most Violent Year
Keira Knightley - The Imitation Game
Patricia Arquette - Boyhood
Meryl Streep - Into the Woods
Emma Stone - Birdman

My Pick: Patricia Arquette please.


Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture

Ethan Hawke - Boyhood
Robert Duvall - The Judge
Edward Norton - Birdman
J.K. Simmons - Whiplash
Mark Ruffalo - Foxcatcher

My Pick: J.K. Simmons gets all my votes.


Best Director - Motion Picture

Ava DuVernay - Selma
Wes Anderson - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Alejandro González Iñárritu - Birdman
David Fincher - Gone Girl
Richard Linklater - Boyhood

My Pick: Alejandro González Iñárritu... he just made so many cool choices.


Best Screenplay - Motion Picture

Wes Anderson - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Gillian Flynn - Gone Girl
Alejandro González Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Armando Bo - Birdman
Richard Linklater - Boyhood
Graham Moore - The Imitation Game

My Pick: Wes Anderson. Cause he's the man.


Best Original Score - Motion Picture

Alexandre Desplat - The Imitation Game
Jóhann Jóhannsson - The Theory of Everything
Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross - Gone Girl
Antonio Sanchez - Birdman
Hans Zimmer - Interstellar

My Pick: I loved Antonio Sanchez' drum score! Though Alexandre Desalt deserves mad props.


Best Original Song - Motion Picture

"Big Eyes" - Big Eyes
"Glory" - Selma
"Mercy Is" - Noah
"Opportunity" - Annie
"Yellow Flicker Beat" - The Hunger Games: Mockingly - Part 1

My Pick: Initially I said Yellow Flicker beat having not seen or heard all of these, but I think I'm gonna change my answer to Big Eyes.


The TV stuff gets a little looser...

Best TV Series, Drama

Downton Abbey
The Affair
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
The Good Wife

My Pick: Game of Thrones


Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama

Viola Davis - How to Get Away With Murder
Claire Danes - Homeland
Julianna Margulies - The Good Wife
Robin Wright - House of Cards
Ruth Wilson - The Affair

My Pick: Claire Danes.


Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama

Kevin Spacey - House of Cards
Clive Owen - The Knick
James Spader - The Blacklist
Dominic West - The Affair
Liev Schreiber - Ray Donovan

My Pick: Kevin Spacey.


Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy

Orange is the New Black
Girls
Jane The Virgin
Transparent
Silicon Valley

My Pick: Silicon Valley


Best Actress in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy

Julia Louis-Dreyfus - Veep
Edie Falco - Nurse Jackie
Gina Rodriguez - Jane The Virgin
Lena Dunham - Girls
Taylor Schilling - Orange is the New Black

My Pick: Taylor Schilling.


Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy

Don Cheadle - House of Lies
William H. Macy - Shameless
Ricky Gervais - Derek
Jeffrey Tambor -  Transparent
Louie C.K. - Louie

My Pick: Louie C.K.


Best TV Movie or Mini-Series

Olive Kitteridge
Fargo
The Missing
True Detective
The Normal Heart

My Pick: True Detective


Best Actress in a Mini-Series or TV Movie

Jessica Lang - American Horror Story: Freak Show
Maggie Gyllenhaal - The Honorable Woman
Frances McDormand - Olive Kitteridge
Allison Tolman - Fargo
Frances O'Connor - The Missing

My Pick: Frances McDormand.


Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie

Martin Freeman - Fargo
Matthew McConaughey - True Detective
Woody Harrelson - True Detective
Billy Bob Thornton - Fargo
Mark Ruffalo - The Normal Heart

My Pick: Woody Harrelson.


Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series, or TV Movie

Kathy Bates - American Horror Story: Freak SHow
Uzo Aduba - Orange is the New Black
Joanne Froggatt - Downton Abbey
Michelle Monaghan - True Detective
Allison Janney - Mom

My Pick: Uzo Aduba.


Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini-Series, or TV Movie

Bill Murray - Olive Kitteridge
Jon Voight - Ray Donovan
Matt Bomer - The Normal Heart
Alan Cumming - The Good Wife
Colin Hanks - Fargo

My Pick: Alan Cumming.

No comments:

Post a Comment