Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The SAG Nominations Are Out!!

Here's a breakdown of the categories for this years SAG Awards:

Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role

Steve Carell - Foxcatcher
Benedict Cumberbatch - The Imitation Game
Jake Gyllenhaal - Nightcrawler
Michael Keaton - Birdman
Eddie Redmayne - The Theory of Everything

My Choice: Jake Gyllenhaal


Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role

Jennifer Aniston - Cake (Yet to be released)
Felicity Jones - The Theory of Everything
Julianne Moore - Still Alice
Rosamund Pike - Gone Girl
Reese Witherspoon - Wild

My Choice: Initially I said Reese Witherspoon, but now I'm gonna say Julianne Moore. Though I'd be happy with either.


Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role

Robert Duvall - The Judge
Ethan Hawke - Boyhood
Edward Norton - Birdman
Mark Ruffalo - Foxcatcher
J.K. Simmons - Whiplash

My Choice: J.K. Simmons


Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role

Patricia Arquette - Boyhood
Keira Knightley - The Imitation Game
Emma Stone - Birdman
Meryl Streep - Into the Woods
Naomi Watts - St. Vincent

My Choice: Patricia Arquette


Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture

Birdman
Boyhood
The Grand Budapest Hotel
The Imitation Game
The Theory of Everything

My Choice: Birdman

1 comment:

  1. ACTOR: Agreed
    ACTRESS: hm...it's between Reese and Rosamund for me. Not sure who takes the edge. By the way, STILL ALICE is playing until tomorrow at the Sundance Sunset and Landmark.
    SUPPORTING ACTOR: Agreed
    SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Agreed
    CAST: Hm...I may agree...

    ReplyDelete