Monday, October 11, 2010

Heartache In Percussive B

I'm watching The Thin Red Line. I get why people like it. I like it. It's good. It hurts a little.
I'm eating junk food because the Monopoly Game is going on over at McDonalds right now and I can't really afford anything better until Thursday. That's gonna hurt tomorrow.

I'm finally resting after many many days of work.  I haven't spent this time imagining a new idea or writing anything interesting. I feel the heartache. It bounces through me like a drum. The one constant in my life. It's nothing all that new to say, but everyone feels pain. Everyone hopes things will be better tomorrow. But tomorrow isn't here yet and today just doesn't cut it. I wonder when people will learn to do what's right, when I can't even do that myself.

I was watching episodes of Louie earlier. It's a great show and right now you can watch the first season on Netflix. Louis C.K.'s a funny guy. In one episode he talks about how he is only truly happy when he's on stage doing stand up. He says this in a very backwards way that somehow magically makes sense, and despite his awkwardness and disheartened view on the world I am always with him... because he sees things more truthfully than most people are willing to. And somehow that's the joke.

So why is it funny to be serious? And why do we always return to the things that bother us in the world before returning to the things that make us happy?

Heartache In Percussive B:

1. Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers
2. Cortical Songs (Neuron Trigger Mix) - John Matthias and Thom Yorke
3. Always Crashing In The Same Car - David Bowie
4. Don't Look Any Further - Dennis Edwards
5. A Few Honest Words - Ben Sollee
6. No Time Soon - Gnarls Barkley
7. Oslo - Blonde Redhead
8. Mother Of All Cannibals - Daniel Licht
9. Waiting - Shiny Toy Guns
10. Closer - Kings Of Leon
11. Who Is He What Is He To You - Bill Withers
12. All The Love In The World - Nine Inch Nails
13. In Love - Ben Folds
14. Have You Heard (Part 1) - The Moody Blues
15. Grapevine Fires - Deathcab For Cutie
16. 5:15 The Angels Have Gone - David Bowie
17. Ghost - Antony & The Johnsons
18. Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
19. Red Earth (Massane Cisse) - Dee Dee Bridgewater

No comments:

Post a Comment