Space does not feel time. To us it seems to take things in space millions of life times just to accomplish a simple act like crashing or separating or creating. And as we receive more images of new extra-solar planets it becomes clearer and clearer that we don't really understand time... it's like music, a magical thing that it seems we have invented but cannot truly explain.
I have been very happy lately, but inevitably this feeling will not last. Even as I know these things I am excited about will actually go some where, I recognize that some hardship will come up and block in another part of my life. I welcome this because this is what life is all about. And without the bitter, the sweet ain't all that sweet. I've just completed a music video shoot on the Vegas strip and come back alive. I've finished the first draft of my latest short story. And several projects I have been sitting on for a while are finally being explored and accepted. Soon I will be back in Florida for a week to see two old friends get married. It's wonderful to know they will officially be as together as they have felt for the last half decade in spirit.
But visiting Florida is always a bittersweet experience. I find myself in the unusual scenario wherein the majority of my closest friends are moving forward with their lives. Florida is almost empty for me. And thank god, you know? I feel so much comfort knowing that my friends are doing something with their lives. But it leaves me with a sad feeling as I recognize that the people I will be seeing when I get there (not the couple-to-be) are still currently stuck. They are like those planets in an everlasting struggle with their own lives. Uncertain of their direction or what path will actually lead them to success. They are wembling through life. And hopefully one day they will open their eyes and see that life doesn't have to be so difficult. Sometimes we just have to make a choice to get ourselves out of the ditch.
Time Exists Only In Us:
1. The Leather Winged Bat - The Duhks
2. Sunday (The Day Before My Birthday) - Moby
3. Cripple And The Starfish - Antony & The Johnsons
4. Dumb I Sound - Sufjan Stevens
5. No Quarter - Led Zeppelin
6. The Stars Are Projectors - Modest Mouse
7. Man In The Long Black Coat - Mark Lanegan (Cover)
8. The Ghost Inside - Broken Bells
9. Gravedigger - Dave Matthews Band (Cover)
10. Got No Love - The Kooks
11. Stars Of Warburton - Moonbabies
12. Down Boy - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
13. Get What It's About - Jon Brion
14. Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
15. Here I Come - CocoRosie
16. Spiraling - Antony & The Johnsons