Friday, June 11, 2010

Favorite Films: King Kong

So here's another one... we all know it. This flick is pure history. A massive story told on the big screen in a way that people weren't quite used to.
I often find myself rooting for the monkey cause, it's not his fault. And nobody ever really took the time to understand. They always just resorted to violence
and slavery??
As I ever so slowly wade down this list I'd like to emphasize a single point. These are movies that have truly and profoundly affected my film viewing. King Kong is special because it gets the idea of adventure. There's a perfect sort of magic surrounding that lost island filled with dinosaurs that somehow survived whatever happened to the rest of the world and I always used to wonder (and maybe hope a little) that that place really existed.
PS-I really like PJ's remake.


The List So Far:
1927 - Metropolis - Fritz Lang
1928 - Steamboat Willie - Ub Iwerks
1931 - M - Fritz Lang
1932 - Tarzan, The Ape Man - W. S. Van Dyke
1933 - King Kong - Merian C. Cooper +

No comments:

Post a Comment