Friday, February 6, 2015

Sponge Out Of Water Makes This The Weirdest Weekend In Film History

Between Jupiter Ascending's insane world building and culture creation and the new SpongeBob movie, I can't imagine any other weekend this year will host nearly the same level of overall insanity. I honestly can't think of any two movies in existence with quite this level of ridiculousness... not ever in all of the films I've watched.
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out Of Water eludes definition... it is a post apocalyptic, time travel, interdimensional, animated comedy... about a sponge, a plankton, a squirrel, a crab, and a star fish chasing down a pirate with aspirations to be the greatest food truck proprietor in the land. Um... what?? Yeah, I will admit my brain felt at least three times smaller after watching this flick, but it was constantly laugh inducing and overwhelmingly eye popping... this film may actually go down in the records as the first feature known to clinically cause ADD in young children. But damn if it wasn't a fun ride.
I know the ads have made this flick out to be the craziest thing you've ever seen... and well... Let me just put it this way, I imagine that Hunter S Thompson would probably celebrate this film for its high level of artistic integrity... and its fair justifications of reality.
Whatever the case, I would recommend this flick as heartily as I recommend the first SpongeBob movie that came out back in 2004. Though I must admit, this one somehow managed to be even weirder. But that's what Nickelodeon has always been able to do so well with their films... kids are weird, so kids movies should be weird. I really do believe Nickelodeon made the right movie once again, though I can't hope to imagine how children will respond to this thing.

Mark it: Friday, February 6th 2015... by far the weirdest day in film history.

No comments:

Post a Comment