Last night we premiered our movie Vampire Vampire Vampire Vampire.
It was a crazy fun and drunkard night for myself. And now I have this sense of closure on that particular project. It's a great feeling to know I have done everything I can to make that work well. To see it in a finalized state is wonderful and while there are a few things I may have wanted to do differently on the day, that's the last of it. The film is done and I get to be done with it. My performance effected people in exactly the way I intended it to and that's really all I can hope for at this point in my career.
My mother always says "Something's gotta happen..." as if I am in some massive ocean and I've forgotten how to paddle. But I am paddling. It just takes time. It takes willingness to wait for those great moments that come along every few months and those beautiful perfect moments we only get once every five years. I've been working quite frequently and I'm proud of that... proud of the performances I'm giving and the people I'm getting to know.
I'm ahead in life.
That's a powerful statement. Yeah, I'm in debt from school. I'm not a star. I live paycheck to paycheck.
But I am ahead in life.
Just because I am out here trying and doing and living and creating. In that sense I am making it all the time.
Hell, over the last couple month I've been working every single week. between that bodybuilding game ad, a student film, a fake trailer, and a new webisode I've been strapped for time (in a good way)... and that's not including my writing endeavors. Of which I am seeing quite positive motion. In fact, this weekend (Fri/Sat) sees the premier of my first produced play. It's a one-act titled Leading The Blind and I couldn't be more excited. Everybody's invited if they can make it out. It's at The Hayworth Building (643 S Carondelet St, Los Angeles, CA 90057) through a great organization I've been a part of for the last month or two, Imagenese Free.
So every day... Make It:
1. Sunshine - G. Love
2. Replica - Beck
3. Goin' To Acapulco - Calexico & Jim James
4. Savior - Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. Run (I'm A Natural Disaster) - Gnarls Barkley
6. In The Heat Of The Morning - The Last Shadow Puppets
7. On The Radio - Regina Spektor
8. Ghost Of Love - Moonbabies
9. Bring Me The Disco King - David Bowie
10. You Only Call Me When You're Drunk - Ed Harcourt
11. Fly Trapped In A Jar - Modest Mouse
12. Amazing Life - Jem
13. Death From Above - Smashing Pumpkins
14. Ghost Of Love - David Lynch
15. No Surprises - Radiohead
16. Mighty Storm - The Duhks
17. Sound And Vision - David Bowie
18. Just A Kid - Wilco
19. Breaking The Girl - Red Hot Chili Peppers
20. They Go Down - Fox Bat Strategy
21. Finding Out True Love Is Blind - Louis XIV
22. Gold Lion - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
23. All Delighted People - Sufjan Stevens
24. I'm Not Worried At All - Moby