Monday, May 10, 2010

Music Meme... Memo??


Was tagged here by Silver Screener to participate in this "meme about music". Thanks bud.

1. Open up your iTunes, music player, spin the CD, whatever, hit shuffle and tell us what is the first song to play?

"Either Way" by Wilco... my iTunes knows what I like.


2. Name your top five favorite bands/musicians of all time.
Currently, David Bowie (duh), The Flaming Lips, Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, CocoRosie.

3. What was your first CD to own? (8 track, record, CD, MP3 for the newbies)
Running With Scissors by Weird Al... Yeah...
4. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Actual CDs?

David Bowie... if I remember correctly. But I've got lots by The Flaming Lips, Radiohead, and Eels.

5. What was the last song you listened to?
"Another World" by Antony & The Johnsons.


6. What song would you say sums you up?ummmm... "Sleepin' Is All I Wanna Do (Stars On A Sunny Day)" by The Duhks. 'Cause sometimes that's really the truth.

7. What's your favourite local band or band that originated from your hometown?
This is a no go. I actually don't like any of the bands I've known to originate from Springs (Wooo harsh).

8. What's the greatest concert you've ever been to?
I got in to the last show of Coldplay before they went back over seas... for free. I think that's the best experience I've had at a concert. The whole place was just so full of love.

9. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Regina Spektor... cause I'm in love.

10. What was the greatest decade for music?
My opinion is constantly changing. I'll go ahead and say... right now. Any time it is right now is the best time for music. Like I'm waiting on two albums right now I expect to knock my socks off and two months ago, when it was right now I was blown away... and last year when it was right now I was so happy with new music.

11. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?

The "I'm Not There" soundtrack is pretty damn amazing.
12. What's the most awful CD/record/etc. you've ever bought?I once bought a Pixies best of album and quickly discovered I only even remotely liked two of the tracks. Talk about a bad investment.

13. What's your favorite band t-shirt or poster?I don't have many band posters... so let's just say, the Bloc Party poster of the couple making out from that special NY concert a few years back.

14. Rolling Stones or The Beatles?
The Beatles... The Stones don't even come close for me.

15. What is the one song you would most like played at your funeral? Your birthday? While on a romantic date?Right now I'd have to say "Maundering" by Bonnie "Prince" Billy. Just a great track.

And yeah, I'll tag
Oh,Cinema... That's all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment