Sunday, June 12, 2011

South Park Spews Shit And I've Never Been More Excited

Beware There Be Spoilers Within

Last Wednesday's Semi-season finale left my jaw on the floor. The lengths to which they went to show us how they felt were... extreme to say the least. But this is a moment I've been praying for for quite some time now. Trey and Matt are two of the smartest show runners alive.
Perhaps of all time.
So when they got to that final Randy and Sharon conversation I was floored. I mean, the implications are so exciting.
If South Park drops its "event of the week" mentality and adopts instead a new line of continuity... that would honestly be enough to make me call it "the greatest show of all time."

Granted, this is still just speculation... but it's something I can't stop thinking about. One continuous story. Full continuity, to me, makes any form of television instantly more watchable. My favorite shows have always been those that create season spanning plots... and often series spanning. And Trey and Matt are just the guys to make it happen. They're smart. They're funny. They've done everything from TV to Film to Theatre... they get entertainment from all its angles.

I know I'm rambling. But it's out of excitement. So give me a break on this one. This new setup leads to so many possibilities. Kyle and Cartman actually enjoying each other's company? Stan, outcast from his life? His parents divorced? The concept of aging has finally been established.
And I for one am excited to watch the boys finally grow up.

1 comment:

  1. So great. It had me laughing out loud *and* tearing up at the same time. Plus, "Landslide". They really can do no wrong.

    ReplyDelete