Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Million Ways To Die In The West

I had a much better time watching A Million Ways To Die In The West than I expected. Sure it was mostly potty humor, but it had a proper and interesting plot and well defined characters. The cast was almost completely on their game and the pacing and humor seemed to match the concept as well as I could have hoped.
After all, that's what got me into the theatre... the concept. People with modern sensibilities born in the wrong time... the hardened old west. COOL. I'm on board. Sure, I've had my misgivings about Seth MacFarlane, and to be totally honest I didn't enjoy Ted all that much. But this idea was enough for me. It made a complete movie and I appreciate that, because it seems relatively rare these days.

Now I will say, you've already seen the best jokes in the trailer. That's on the ad department. But it doesn't hurt the movie. It was just simple fun. A good time for adults who hopefully already understand how ridiculous the whole scenario is. There're plenty of cameos as well, but I don't wanna ruin those for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. The truth is, I don't have a whole lot to say about this one other than, I had a good time in the theatre. It's not a classic, but it did just enough to keep me onboard throughout. And the cast just looked like they were all having a blast on set. If your looking for a solid comedy this summer... you probably wanna check this out over, say, Blended...

No comments:

Post a Comment