Saturday, January 11, 2014

My 2014 Golden Globes Wish List

Dear 2014 Golden Globes,

My name is Caleb and this year I'd really love it if you'd let all of my nominated choices win in this season's award show.

I don't know the TV side as well, so I'll breeze through these

Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Mini-Series or TV Movie - Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad)

Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series or TV Movie - Hayden Panettiere (Nashville)

Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie - Chiwetel Ejiofor (Dancing on the Edge)
*I just think it would be cool if he took home both acting awards in the same year...

Best Actress in a Mini-Series or TV Movie - Elisabeth Moss (Top of the Lake)

Best TV Movie or Mini-Series - Top of the Lake

Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy - Jason Bateman (Arrested Development)

Best Actress in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy - Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation)

Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy - Parks and Recreation
*perhaps its last hurrah...

Best Actor in a TV Series, Drama - Michael Sheen (Masters of Sex)
*yes, he's so good that he keeps pace with Bryan Cranston and Kevin Spacey... though it could go to any of those three and I'd be happy...

Best Actress in a TV Series, Drama - Taylor Schilling (Orange is the New Black)
*Kind of hate the show, but she's great...

Best TV Series, Drama - Breaking Bad
*Duh...

Best Original Song, Motion Picture - Let It Go (Frozen)

*Yeah, it's a little too poppy for my taste, but sadly I don't think Mr. Kennedy (Inside Llewyn Davis) can compete...

Best Original Score, Motion Picture - Steven Price (Gravity)

Best Screenplay, Motion Picture - Spike Jonze (Her)

Best Director, Motion Picture - Alfonso Cuaron (Gravity)

Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture - Daniel Brühl (Rush)
*He gets the nod because his part is so much more important than my other front runner, Michael Fassbender's...

Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture - Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle)
*I'm amazed that she did so well to get my attention this year...

Best Foreign Language Film - Blue is the Warmest Color

Best Animated Feature - Frozen
*I really did like The Croods, but Frozen takes the bacon...

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy - Joaquin Phoenix (Her)
*As much as I loved Oscar Isaac, Joaquin put out a performance like I've never seen before... speaking to... nothing...

Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy - Greta Gerwig (Frances Ha)
*Yup, I loved this movie, and she was a huge part of the reason why...

Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy - Her
*Easiest decision I've ever had to make...

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama - Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years a Slave)
*Again? Yes please. Chiwy's the best. Pay the man!

Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama - Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
*Cate over Sandra... Why? Because while they both drove their respective movies, Cate's character required a great deal more range than Sandra's... and she performed with extreme gusto...

Best Motion Picture, Drama - Rush
*Not Gravity or 12 Years a Slave, not Philomena... all three of which I looooved... and certainly not Captain Phillips. Rush was just that damn good. I would still give Director to Cuaron even if Ron Howard was nominated... but then again, if I had the choice, all of these awards would go to Her anyway.

What a crazy year it has been. I've gotta admit, Rush surprised me. And Philomena came up from nowhere to capture my heart. But in the year of the totally awesome Gravity and an excellent Coen Brothers film (Inside Llewyn Davis), ultimately Her was just on a completely different level. I truly think it deserves every award this year... but then, that's why I'm not a voter.
If you want to learn more about the nominees check out the Golden Globes website. The broadcast will air tomorrow, January 12th at 8pm Eastern, 5pm Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment