Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 2013 Wrap Up

It's the last day of the year. And once again I will be running down the list of films that I have seen throughout. There are of course some obvious omissions here. I still haven't managed to catch Fruitvale Station, Mandela, and August: Osage County... just to name a few. But I did get around to seeing 96 films this year (not an easy task). And beyond that, I found the ratio between movies I loved and movies I hated was a little bit heavier toward the loved side this year. Perhaps that's a sign of better movies getting released... or more likely I just managed to dodge the worst of the movies that came out. That being said, let's get to it:

My Bottom 10 Of 2013:
The Book Thief
The Counselor
The Great Gatsby
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
Kick-Ass 2
Olympus Has Fallen
Only God Forgives
Pain & Gain
Prisoners
Spring Breakers

Movies I Hated:
August: Osage County
Ender's Game
Grudge Match
The Hangover Part III
The Heat
The Internship
The Lone Ranger

Movies I Thought Could Have Been Better:
20 Feet from Stardom
42
All Is Lost
The Best Man Holiday
Captain Phillips
Carrie
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2
Delivery Man
Despicable Me 2
Dirty Wars
Elysium
The Grandmaster
The Great Beauty
I'm So Excited
The Invisible Woman
Jobs
John Dies at the End
Mandela: A Long Walk To Freedom
Monsters University
Much Ado About Nothing
Oblivion
Pacific Rim
Riddick
Saving Mr. Banks
Side Effects
Star Trek Into Darkness
Stoker
Turbo
The Way Way Back
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Wolverine

Movies I Liked:
About Time
The Act of Killing
American Hustle
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
Blackfish
The Bling Ring
The Butler
Cutie and The Boxer
Dallas Buyers Club
Don Jon
Evil Dead
The Fifth Estate
Free Birds
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa
Last Vegas
Lone Survivor
Nebraska
Oldboy
The Place Beyond the Pines
Planes
The Square
This is the End
Thor: The Dark World
Trance
The Wind Rises
World War Z

Movies I Loved:
Before Midnight
The Croods
The Hunt
Iron Man 3
The Kings of Summer
Man Of Steel
The World's End
The Spectacular Now
Frozen
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

My Top 10 Of 2013:
12 Years a Slave
Blue is the Warmest Colour
Blue Jasmine
Frances Ha
Gravity
Her
Inside Llewyn Davis
Philomena
Rush
Short Term 12

So Happy New Year everyone! I hope you got a chance to see a few movies this year. And here's to hoping 2014 has an even better list.

No comments:

Post a Comment