Wednesday, March 2, 2011

There Must Be A Single Truth

Lately I'm seeing that nothing matters quite so much as happiness. Though it can be a fickle thing, we're always in pursuit... because as human beings we have nothing else to go on. If we're happy at least we must be doing something right. If we're angry or sad or a veritable emotional mess, we're clearly not where we planned on being in our lives. And the most confusing thing about this is, it's the stupid little things that make us happy or sad. It's just that one perfect moment with another person, and maybe it gets messed up and maybe we lose touch of reality for a second because we thought this thing was actually right... which it was for the moment... even if it seems lost forever. That's a harsh statement.

I'm gunning for a future that so few can make and I sometimes wonder if it would help to have someone to help me along in that journey. But I'm too much of a mess for anyone (I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately). It's not that I'm falling apart or anything like that. Nor am I truly unhappy. I just keep glimpsing the things that I will have to miss out on in order to succeed in my path.
Such a stupid joke...
I still don't completely understand why I am meant to lose what I am or why when those moments come along they can't just stay for a short while... just a week, a month even. When people meet me they say I am always smiling. No one's as smily as I am. Because I have a path and I'm willing to believe in my own future, whatever that may be. But everybody has to deal with their life. Everyone must go through the danger room at least six or seven times in their lives.
And it doesn't always end well. But it is usually in search of that single white truth... How happy are you today?

There Must Be A Single Truth:

1. Man Of The Hour - Norah Jones
2. We Bought The Flood - The Books
3. As The World Falls Down - David Bowie
4. Never Comes The Day - The Moody Blues
5. Strangers - Portishead
6. Funky Kingston - Toots & The Maytals
7. I've Seen Enough - Cold War Kids
8. Take Me Higher - Mellow
9. Jesus Loves Me - CocoRosie
10. Hallucination - Trevor Jones
11. Windows Blues - Band Of Horses
12. She's A Jar - Wilco
13. It's Almost A Trap - Architecture In Helsinki
14. Going, Going, Gone - Stars
15. Ballad Of A Thin Man - Bob Dylan & The Band
16. Arrival - Alan Price
17. Solitaire - Wilco
18. Big Booty Woman - Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears

No comments:

Post a Comment