Monday, January 3, 2011

As The Dust Settles, So Do I

It's hard to be sure what a new year will bring. I for one am excited to see what new opportunities will present themselves in 2011. It feels like a good year already. I find myself wondering what the movies will be like, what new music will change my life just a little bit, what scientific discoveries will change the way I work, and what new people will collectively find a way to influence my future and make the world a different experience as seems to happen with every new year.

I recall a little statement, "It doesn't feel like 2010 yet." Well, I certainly felt the difference between 2010 and 2011 by December. But 2011 seems like a maturer year, it already has some idea of what it will become and it's trying to hold back its excitement before it bursts into the minor incidents that come together to make up the whole. I feel that by this time next year I will have gained so much more in life experiences.

What's to come in cinema this year? Cowboys & Aliens, Paul, Scream 4, Rango, The Adjustment Bureau, The Adventures Of Tin Tin: The Secret Of The Unicorn, The Beaver, Rio, Thor, Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, The Hangover 2, The Tree Of Life, Super 8, Green Lantern, Cars 2, Rise Of The Apes, Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows (Part 2), Captain America: The First Avenger, The Thing, The Rum Diary, The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made, War Horse, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy! Which of these will be good? Which will fail epically? And what will the surprises be along the way... the great films with smaller backings or those that haven't even begun pre-production yet... the ones that make up the bulk of my film-loving experience? I can't wait!

In music I'm looking forward to some few specifics... Rome the new Danger Mouse project looks amazing. Just hear this sample for yourself. Moby's got a new album in post, and I always love new Moby. Of course, I'm hoping for some new Radiohead and Red Hot Chili Peppers, but one can never be sure. It's gonna be a year of surprises for music.

After such a crazy Holiday Season, I'm just excited to settle back into my life and see where it all takes me.

As The Dust Settles, So Do I:

1. This World - Zero 7
2. Will There Be Stars - Blonde Redhead
3. Soul To Love - Moby
4. Tender - blur
5. Under The Milky Way - Sia
6. Sun It Rises - Fleet Foxes
7. It's What I'm Thinking - Badly Drawn Boy
8. My Little Red Book - The Last Shadow Puppets
9. Antonia - Stefano Bollani
10. Talking Bird - Death Cab for Cutie
11. Rodeo Clowns - Jack Johnson
12. O Sailor - Fiona Apple
13. Genius Next Door - Regina Spektor
14. Now That I'm Older - Sufjan Stevens
15. That's Life, That's Hollywood - Rebecca Pidgeon
16. Do It Again - Steely Dan
17. I Want You - The Kooks
18. Glory Box - Portishead

1 comment:

  1. Oh, shit, I completely forgot about The Muppets! That's totally in my Top 10 Anticipated!

    ReplyDelete