Friday, September 17, 2010

(No) Syzygy

Even with the brightest moments come staggering pitfalls. I climb the steepest steps and every time I reach a new platform I find that I still have a great deal more ground to gain. It seems worth it. I continue the struggle. Because life is just a series of platforms that we must reach in order to reach the next one, and even when we fail it is just another platform leading to the next. This stairway is hard to make sense of, because it rises and falls and eventually we must recognize that it is not an upward rising staircase, but a forward facing staircase. I think of the Great Wall of China, or the repetitive image of an artist I have previously mentioned. And there is a strange sort of syzygy that isn't syzygy but still is. Like we stay connected to the world in an everlasting dance as the world lets us go and picks us up again. Reality slips away into dream and hopefully it returns.
I promise I will soon return to a more sensical series of entries. But not before I'm ready. I must still make sense of the logistics of this world that I have never truly understood.

(No) Syzygy:

1. Hideaway - Karen O and the Kids
2. Where Is The Puzzle? - Bonnie "Prince" Billy
3. Cantina Theme (Workin' For The Law) - Bob Dylan
4. Eisler On The Go - Billy Bragg & Wilco
5. The Owl And The Tanager - Sufjan Stevens
6. Free Translator - The Books
7. There You Are - The Flaming Lips
8. The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
9. Hurricane - Bob Dylan
10. Stone On The Water - Badly Drawn Boy
11. What Can I Do? - Antony & The Johnsons with Rufus Wainwright
12. Age Old Hunger - Christopher Denny
13. Over The Hills And Far Away - Led Zeppelin
14. The Ocean Song - Tiny Vipers
15. Sealion - Feist
16. More Like The Moon - Wilco
17. Lille - Lisa Hannigan

No comments:

Post a Comment