Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What Are We Waiting For?

I've been doing a lot lately... and while I wish I had more to show you on here, I can assure you interesting things are on the way. Right now I'm feeling my very first sting of writer's block and I'm not exactly hating the experience, because the less I find myself able to focus on putting out pages, the more I am able to focus on acting and music and collaborations and enjoying activities like playing basketball in the park
or getting up on stage at a standup club and just shooting the shit.

So why waste my time whining about a tiny case of writer's block? My life is really great right now. I'm finally just going along for the ride. The first time I can say that in a long time. My general state of being in the past has been one of catching up, always just three steps behind the caravan. So... Hoorah for comfort and joy! Hoorah for friends! Hoorah for the little things that help make each day a joy. And Hoorah for creative energy when it is available... and when it's not, it's not worth fretting over. That stuff'll come back as soon as life isn't so good. So enjoy the good while it lasts. Try things you haven't tried before and see what sticks. Just be happy. I mean, What Are We Waiting For?

1. Cat People - David Bowie
2. Every Man I Fall For - Cold War Kids
3. Jezebel - Iron & Wine
4. Fortress - Pinback
5. Forces Of The Unseen - Cloud Cult
6. Blessings (Invocation Pt. 2) - Cloud Cult
7. Giorni Dispari - Ludovico Einaudi
8. Heavy In Your Arms - Florence + The Machines
9. Spitting Venom - Modest Mouse
10. What Is The Light? - The Flaming Lips
11. The Observer - The Flaming Lips
12. The Pioneers (M83 Remix) - The Flaming Lips
13. A Punch Up At A Wedding - Radiohead
14. In The Deep Shade - The Frames
15. On And On And On - Wilco
16. Blood Of The Lamb - Billy Bragg & Wilco

1 comment:

  1. We often wait for something even though we don't know what. It's refreshing when we realize we don't have to wait for anything. Keep following life, you'll find your way around writer's block :) It's only another obstacle we have to overcome.

    ReplyDelete