Sunday, January 10, 2010

Blahhh

So I’ve been back in LA for four days and I finally feel settled enough to get back to some kind of a routine. But I wanna talk about my time in springs right now (and maybe in a later post as well).

I got in at FLL on December 15th. Flying Virgin Air is amazing. They make everything comfortable as can be, and both of my landings (there and back again) were spot on perfect which I am just not used to. I fly a lot and I love me some Virgin (not in a perverted kind of way).

Anyway, I managed to get back to the old ‘rents house and immediately felt bored out of my mind... cause that’s what happens to me when I go to Florida. I don’t know the exact reason, but I have to get out of the house there. So I quickly made this mix titled Blahhh:

1. Bourgeois Shangri-La - Miss Li
2. Scream Pilots - Moby
3. Battery - Aesop Rock
4. Dance Little Liar - Arctic Monkeys
5. Song 2 - blur
6. Werewolf - CocoRosie
7. Journey Of The Featherless - Cloud Cult
8. You Only Live Twice - Coldplay
9. Grim Augury (Ft. Vic Chesnutt) - Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse
10. Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits
11. Mountains O’ Things - The Duhks
12. Scatterbraine - Ed Harcourt
13. Jelly Dancers - Eels
14. Ulysses - Franz Ferdinand
15. Three Changes - The Good, The Bad & The Queen
16. Whenever I Wake Up - Karen O
17. No Children - The Mountain Goats
18. Boo - Pinback
19. Pavlov’s Daughter - Regina Spektor
20. Beautiful Boyz - CocoRosie

Then I rushed out the door.

I spent almost the whole trip getting back in touch with my closest friends and family... the ones I had in high school. We’ve all always had similar aspirations, and somehow most of us manage to pick up exactly where we left off. One of my friends referred to this phenomena as a “bookmark friendship”. While we’re away we don’t talk much, but as soon as we reunite it’s like coming back to a favorite book and nothing has changed. It’s miraculously just as you left it. And I’ve found my closest relationships almost always work this way, which I love.

And while I think I should point out that the emotional overtones of the mix called Blahhh connect to my emotional state throughout the visit, I also wanna make it clear that I am really glad I got to see all of those people (friends and family) in the place I knew them best. I have a strange feeling that 2010 holds some interesting surprises for everyone. With the future looking a little brighter each day I want to close by saying I cannot wait to see those people again... this time on my new home turf.



No comments:

Post a Comment